Monday, June 9, 2008

Planning for Fun!

I had a meeting today and I must tell you, I'm excited. You see, we're in the midst of planning our biggest book signing of the year - more than 20 romance authors, center court in a big mall right at the beginning of the holiday shopping season. We make these amazing Gift-With-Purchase bags loaded full of books, promo pens, bookmarks, magnets and every other kind of promotional trinket you could think of, plus chocolate, of course. My dining room is already starting to fill up with goodies and the excitement is palpable!
The signing is a fundraiser with Barnes and Noble donating a portion of the proceeds to the Adult Literacy League. We also do some impressive raffle baskets (the ticket money all goes to the ALL). We sold a ton of books last year. Personally, it was the only signing I've ever done where I sold out all my books. Needless to say, I can't wait to participate.
So, if you're an author and you'd like your promo items in those amazing goody bags, leave me a message with your email addy and I'll give you details. Meanwhile, if you're in the Central Florida area, save this date! November 15, 2008

1 comment:

Katie Reus said...

You know I'm saving it!! Can't wait ;)