Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tagged!

Katie Reus has tagged me to list 10 weird, random facts or habits about myself. Then choose 10 people to tag. So, if you're reading this and you haven't been tagged yet, consider yourself tagged!

1. I frame each of my book covers and hang them over my desk for encouragement and inspiration.
2. I love the combination of blue and green, especially mixed patterns, like florals with a stripe or plaid.
3. I used to straighten my hair (which is naturally very curly). I even went so far as to iron it with a clothes iron when I was a teenager. Desperation - what can I say?
4. You can spell all 4 of my family's names with only 5 letters - a, d, i, n and r. We didn't realize that until our youngest was learning to read.
5. My real mother died when I was a baby. Everyone thinks my step-mother is my birth mother, but she's not, although she raised me from a toddler.
6. I have a brown thumb - I can't even keep silk plants looking good!
7. I can't stand the sight of blood and guts, although my grandfather was a surgeon.
8. I learned to snow ski before I started kindergarten. Living in the sub-tropics, I don't ski anymore.
9. I'm a coupon junkie. DH calls me the Shopping Ninja!
10. I'm a sucker for a foot massage. I can't stay mad at DH if he offers me one;-)

Your turn!

4 comments:

Katie Reus said...

That's really cool about spelling all your family's names w/ only 5 letters! And, you're not alone w/ your brown thumb. :)

Julia Phillips Smith said...

'I can't even keep silk plants looking good!' - LOL, Dara!

Chudney Thomas said...

lol I too am a sucker for a foot rub. And as for the plant thing well the only house plant I've ever been able to keep is a palm and it does all the work itself, i just remember to water it occasionally.

mimi said...

Tagged!

I try to kill African violets, but they resist. Too bad, 'cuz I can't stand 'em!