Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Patience for the Impatient

I'll be the first to admit it - I am the world's most impatient person. My husband will second this. (His nickname for me is Patience!) So what do I spend weeks, months and in some cases years doing? Waiting. Waiting for word on submissions, waiting for books to arrive, waiting for edits and release dates. I should have no hair left for all the ones I've yanked from my head! And yet - I chose this path. I wanted to be a writer, knowing how frustrating the waits can be. Are all writers gluttons for punishment? Or do we just get such a high, such a kick from the payoff, when it finally comes that we're willing to torture ourselves in the meanwhile? What do you think? What are you impatient for? Any tricks or advice to make the waiting easier?

No comments: